Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Principal Engineer (Southeast) The Principal Engineer will report to the Region Engineering Lead for their assigned functional area. Relocation is available for this role.
The Principal Engineer develops/manages capital strategy development and implementation for the assigned projects including product or package commercialization projects.
The Principal Engineer is responsible for following the assigned project management methodology, reporting and tracking performance, schedule and cash flow of the projects.
The Principal Engineer assists with technical support and leadership in beverage manufacturing systems, equipment and processes.
- Creates capital strategies with plant(s)/platform/brand teams and communicates them to internal stakeholders and support teams.
- Develops and/or manages multi-year projects involving potentially multiple manufacturing facilities concurrently implementing project assignments and schedules. Duties include the development of project plans, estimation of costs, coordination of vendors, and supporting execution of projects from conception through start-up and commissioning at agreed performance levels (time, cost, line performance, etc.). In addition, the Principal Engineer is responsible for financial reporting of the project, capitalization of assets under construction (AUC), and final project close out.
- For those with direct employee management responsibilities, manage all HR processes including recruitment, performance management and development, etc.
Communication and Collaboration
- Lead the development of capital plans -agreeing to programs, priorities, and timing with Supply Chain Teams.
- Manage regular communication routines with plant(s)/platform and support functions to insure alignment and awareness
- Collaborate with Quality, Safety, Environmental, Purchasing, Legal, Operational Excellence, and others to ensure appropriate internal checks and warm hand-offs in successful project execution.
- Partner with Supply Chain Strategy to ensure consistent vision for business case development.
- Analyze or develop, communicate and execute new strategic improvement opportunities based upon business knowledge.
- Work with Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) on the implementation of overall technical strategies, ensure all project follow governance specifications, and report back on project auditing.
- Provide expertise in equipment, machinery operation, manufacturing, etc. for thermal, water, food service, dairy, aseptic and sparkling platforms to ensure operating efficiencies at production sites.
- Lead and facilitate development of equipment solutions to support product and package initiatives.
- Create and manage capital strategies and communicate them to internal stakeholders and equipment manufacturers.
- Adhere to all BIG/KO requirements for specification and performance. Leadership
- Lead teams of internal and external stakeholders in addition to working as an individual contributor.
- Lead stakeholders in finding Technical solutions for complex issues.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and influencing skills.
Education Level Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline; equivalent work experience considered. Education Level Preferred
- Master's degree in engineering or related discipline preferred. Experience Required
- Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing and engineering experience in beverage, food, aseptic, or dairy manufacturing environments required (other CPC experience considered).
- 5-10 years of manufacturing, engineering, and maintenance experience in advanced processing environments such as Aseptic or Dairy applications.
- Proven technical expertise in processes and/or machinery utilized in the beverage industry. Competencies
- Speaking/Presenting -Clearly articulate ideas, opinions, feelings and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved and the needs of the audience are met.
- Collaborating -Work effectively with others to achieve positive results.
- Thinking Analytically -Summarize information concisely and clearly identify key elements, patterns, results, or relationships. Utilizing data to draw conclusions and make fact based decisions.
- Thinking Creatively-
- Generate innovative "out of the box" approaches and improved solutions that help create incremental gains in manufacturing results.
- Prioritizing -Coordinate and organize resources and people in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access with experience developing spreadsheet models, relational databases, and presentations.
- Formalized project planning -utilizing tools and process to develop and track a project
- Technical expertise in processes and/or machinery utilized in the beverage, food, and dairy industries.
- 10% Travel
- Relocation may be provided for this position.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. ?
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top