Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for transportation and supply assignments that are complex with little precedence and require specialized knowledge and skills. May work as a team leader on projects requiring an advanced knowledge of methods and techniques. Individual contributor with comprehensive know in specific area, ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects.
The Logistics Specialist role is a key integration point between the regional logistics teams, the OTC team and the strategic planning teams driving development and adoption of new tools and processes while ensuring the company is current on new transportation and planning technologies.
The Logistics Specialist role supports the development of Transportation strategies supporting the Carrier QBR and bid processes while also staying current with market trends and interfacing with market industry intelligence services such as ChainAlytics, DAT, etc.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities (Top 5-8 core responsibilities)
- Program Management lead technology and process improvement initiatives
- Network Wide rate guidance by carrier type and mode, National strategic scenario building and carrier type allocation (dedicated, OTR, broker, CPU/DPU)
- Analyzing industry trends and developing counter measures, innovative procurement strategies
- Act as primary product supply contact for all bottlers and retail sales teams within the region
- Drive CCNA as shipper of choice by implementing industry recommended 12 step program
- Pursue latest technology trends to ensure OTM fully optimized, load tracking adding value, lane forecasting minimizing spot, etc
- Collaborate with regional logistics teams to ensure consistency of process and strategic alignment
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Related Work Experience:
- 3 -5 years of transportation experience, either with a carrier or shipper or a mix of both required.
- Proficient Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem Solving
- Budget Management.
- DOT familiarity, Transportation / Logistics / Supply Chain, SAP, TMS Systems such as Oracle Trans.
- Management system or Trans Planning related system, Problem Solving, Analytics and Budget Management. Power BI.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top