Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:May 26, 2019
Job Description Summary:The General Labor position is responsible for safely operating equipment and machinery.
The General Labor position is also responsible for understanding and following all safety, attendance, and Rules of Conduct guidelines.
The General Labor position must perform cleaning and sanitation requirements to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
Work is performed in all areas of a multi-level production facility and includes exposure to temperature extremes for extended time periods. Work may include contact with high noise levels, moving machinery, heights, liquids, fumes, confined spaces, vibrations, dust, and include repetitive bending and lifting, etc.…
Proposed Work Schedule: Work assigned shift based on work week schedules to include 8, 10, 12 or a combination of different hours based on business needs.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Complete accurate documentation of all activities during shift
- Quality Checks
- Perform regular equipment/machine upkeep
- Identify, report, and problem solve issues
- Rotation between qualified jobs
- Operate a gas or electric forklift
- All other duties as assigned
Non-Function Specific Activities:
- Learn other jobs throughout the facility
- Train new/other employees
- Participate in CCNA supported programs such as Work Design, Cultural Advisory Committee, Decorating Committee, Recycling Committee, Continuous Improvement, Safety Program, etc…
- Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc)
- Mobility to all areas of a multi-level production facility
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic Math Skills (+, - , x, ÷)
- Read, write, and speak English
- Demonstrates good attendance record
- Ability to move materials weighing 50 pounds for distances of ten feet or more
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. ?
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top