Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:May 19, 2019
Job Description Summary:Portfolio Expansion is one of our main focus areas in becoming a total beverage company. Categories such as water play an important role in expanding our portfolio and offering consumer centric choices that drive value for the market and our business.
The Brand Manager role is designed to work especially within the local brands team focusing on the local water brands such as Vio.
Implements a marketing/sales strategy for one or more of the organization's products/services to meet established sales or market share targets; conducts market research; monitors and analyzes product performance, market trends, consumer behavior etc.; monitors sales volume, revenues and costs against forecasts; oversees product development and design. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other professionals.
- Analysis: Develop strong consumer, category and market insights in cooperation with the Strategy&Insights team ensuring that all strategies and plans are anchored in solid, locally relevant insights
- Develop and define brand strategy and growth drivers
- Bring these strategies to life with system engagement and activation of touchpoints, innovation pipeline and optimizing portfolio
- Cooperate and align with Strategy&Insights, Finance, Supply Chain/Procurement and the Bottling partner to develop relevant plans and according allocation and management of DMI
- Identify profitable growth opportunities with short & longer term perspective
- Support the definition of business model fundamentals that allow for NSR stream opportunities in order to ensure a profitable water business growth in Germany
- Self-reliant project management of all relevant projects
- Tracking: ensure discipline on programs evaluation with success metrics
- Franchise Leadership: create, maintain relationship with the bottling system by ensuring a close collaboration andn alignment on strategies and projects, building system excitement and commitment behind those projects
- Be an integral part of the Marketing Team
- Deliver Results: takes accountability, ensuring productive, efficient execution against priorities. Sets ambitious yet realistic goals and removes obstacles to ensure high quality results
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: develops ideas, is empowered and gains others' commitment. Seizes opportunities that can deliver the greatest value. Promotes an environment of creative thinking and innovation
- Imports & Exports good ideas: Shares and adopts ideas in and outside the company (entrepreneurial thinking). Leverages insights to inform actions or gain support. Embraces change
- Sets a winning example: demonstrates integrity, including placing Company interests ahead of personal agendas. Makes sound decisions and follows through on them. Demonstrates passion for the Company and its products.
- Acting like an owner: shows abilitiy to lead the brand in Germany
- Builds Brand Value: understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity. Interrogates data to identify core business levers. Balances facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases. Understand the operational fundamentals of our Bottling System. Leverages analytical rigor to priotize and allocate ressources effectively. Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings. Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market
- Builds Brand Love: seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviors. Pursues innovation and change with an entrepreneurial mindset of continuous improvement. Demonstrates judgement to define a compelling core creative idea. Crafts a vision for what the brand/category/market could be. Persuades and inspires others (consumers, agency, bottler, system, customers, suppliers, team)
- Understanding and experience in the German market (trends, competition, consumer, product and processes) and/or the retail channels (home and away-from-home) will be an advantage
- Good commercial/customer understanding
- University degree in marketing or similar
- 3-5 years experience working in marketing in FMCG
- Accustomed to working with high level analysis (financial, market, brand) and creative development
- Fluent Germany and English written and spoken
Judgement and Decision making
- Lead the following areas in collaboration with cross-functional support teams & manager:
- Development and implementation of strategies
- Lead franchise marketing- and commercial teams in implementation of business plans
- Prioritisation of resource allocation for successful execution of the plans
- Lead cross-functional System teams including commercial, sales, marketing franchise, finance and bottlers
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top