Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
Job Description Summary:Ensures alignment of business priorities and sales/customer accounts; applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in sales and has responsibility for important and strategic channels; pursues sales leads, promotes products, concludes orders and arranges internal sales logistics; guides new sales representatives. Individual contributor who guides others in resolving complex issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures; works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Digital Retail Category Advisor
- Lead customer-focused insights and analysis focused on, but not limited to shopper insights, category performance insights, Assortment, Merchandising, Pricing strategy & insights, New Item sell-in, Post-Analysis, and Collaborative Business Planning & Category planning
- Identify, articulate, and commercialize key category growth ideas and opportunities to maximize our retailers' category growth potential while creating value for the Coca-Cola Company
- Drive internal influence by leveraging category and shopper insights to inform business cases
- Create and maintain a partnership with National Retail Sales and category leads to support their efforts to become an indispensable category partner with our Retail customers
- Commercialize key beverage category strategic initiatives focused on driving category growth, championing category viability, and defending against category erosion
- Be the industry, channel & category subject matter expert to facilitate retailers' choice to select Coca-Cola as their key eCommerce strategic partner/captain
Insights and Analytics (10%):
- Lead category management resource in support of Digital Integration Office and its customers
- Leverage syndicated and proprietary data sources to identify opportunities
- Partner with consumer and shopper insights teams to determine research, data and analytics needs to build advantaged capabilities
Digital Retail Customer-Specific / National Retail Sales Strategy, Integration & Sales Planning (30%):
- Co-lead and champion eCommerce capabilities across our National Retail Sales organization to encourage acceptance and support alignment in order to advance customer relationships, create value and explore test and learn activities
- Identify, engage and participate with National Retail Sales to drive eCom capabilities to maximize our retailers' growth while creating value for the Coca-Cola Company
- Support digital integration into National Retail Sales CBPs, including digital commerce-specific blueprints (e.g., Albertsons, Target)
- Co-create and develop insight-driven digital retail initiatives that provide thought leadership to customer and franchise teams and provide a differentiated competitive advantage
- Co-build tools to support capability and sell-in of initiatives such as selling stories, solutions, and resource guides
- Bachelor's Degree in business related or relevant field required
- MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- 5+ Years in CPG Industry
- Customer experience across multiple channels
- 7+ Years in CPG Industry
- Sales management experience
Job-related /Technical skills:
Proficiency in at least one of the following areas: Category / Space Management, Shopper Insights
- Advanced analytical capability
- Strong working knowledge of syndicated data (e.g., Nielsen)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Proven oral and written communication, story-telling, and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and assignments
- Specific capabilities with customer specific data sources (Dunnhumby, EYC, etc.)
- Ability to link category leadership strategies to customer strategies
- Strategic Thinking: Able to identify opportunities and gaps and develop both short- and long-term joint business objectives. Exhibits a holistic understanding of business fundamentals to create actionable strategies and plans that drive the business.
- Digital Acumen: Passion for digital and technology topics and can speak the eCommerce language.
- Influential Leadership: Expert communication, presentation, and material preparation skills with the ability to communicate complex information in interactions at all organizational levels.
- Data and Insights to Action: Demonstrated aptitude for analytics, with an ability to understand complex data, convert to insights, understand business implications, and utilize to influence and gain alignment.
- Results-Driven: Experience working in a fast-moving market with a lean team or startup environment. Strong project management capability, including project scoping, brief development, and project team leadership to drive tangible results.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. ?
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top