Job Description Summary
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:June 28, 2019
Job Description Summary:National Key Accounts
The INSWA National Key Account (NKA) businesses is of strategic importance to the BU on multiple fronts. The NKA business (involving operations in channels such as Modern Trade, Cash & Carry, Eating & Dining, Travel & Institutions and Entertainment) currently represents approximately 11% of overall India & South-West Asia BU volumes in 2017 with volumes growing at a CAGR of 8% in the last 5 years (2013-18).
With rapid urbanization, increasing disposable incomes in the country and recent developments around the unified taxation regime in India, The NKA business is witnessing great traction and expansion and is expected to be the flagbearer of growth in big cities / towns. This rapid growth brings challenges and focus around Revenue Growth Management, Customer Profitability, Channel Mix, etc. and the incumbent is expected to track, prepare and analyse financial trends on a timely basis for effective management intervention and decision making.
The incumbent will be the primary finance resource to the Customer Leadership team - responsible for providing strategic partnership and direction in commercial finance analytics, insight generation, P&L and budget management, RGM and value chain analytics, customer profitability analysis, deal negotiations, ensuring CPA compliance, long range planning and decision making aimed at positively impacting key business drivers.
Additionally, he/she will be the single point contact for partnering with bottler finance teams to analyse and improve the financial health of the NKA business as well as in budgeting, tracking and controlling CCIPL's support to the Bottlers (CBO & FBOs in case of NKA). The role also involves frequent interactions with customer finance teams, their management (incl CFO / Head of Finance), including McDonald's and The McDonald's Division (TMD) within TCCC with respect to Global Pricing Protocol decisions, long-range business planning, introduction of new packs/products and other strategic initiatives.
System Economics & Digitization
In addition, the incumbent will also be the custodian of the System Economics for the India market. This is a critical area as the BU is responsible for charting out the long term strategy with an eye on the profitability and sustainability of every partner in the Value Chain namely, Bottler, BU, Customer (distributor, retailer) and Consumer.
The role is key to providing guidance on the long term financials, benchmarking financial metrics across Bottlers and value sharing across the key entities. This role is also the point of contact for all Group & Corporate Communication on System Financials. In addition, the role is responsible for liaising with the Commercial Planning team to deliver impact of various Brand / Pack What If scenarios and also managing the System Economics tool.
As part of our Digital initiative, we are also in the process of digitizing and automating the financial systems and work is underway on a System Economics Tool (SET) and real time reporting of System revenues. Overseeing these and charting a path for the future is imperative as we move to a proactive and analytical approach in a big way.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure delivery of the NSR and OI targets for all responsible businesses by managing the risks and opportunities and control of DME/ DFR spends. Custodian of the Key Accounts P&L by channel, by customer and by product. Analytics to be shared with the key business and finance stakeholders in a monthly forum.
- Preparation of annual business plan, identifying and evaluating future growth opportunities and analysing actuals vs. plan. Liaising with business head to ensure alignment of business plans.
- Lead ad-hoc analysis and what if scenarios (for example Brand/pack/price/channel combinations, etc) based on requests from CCL team & commercial finance director / VP-Finance; Support head quarter compliance in Customer Pricing Analysis (CPA) for India & SWA markets
- Support the customer leadership function in the construct and evaluation of all new deals; generate insights at a channel and customer level to drive a more sustainable pricing and profitability, thereby initiating any renegotiations of existing contracts
- Identify and prepare appropriate operating and financial benchmarks for various channels and measure performance of various channels against those benchmarks; Reviewing and tracking of spends, supports to Bottlers and customers, approval of purchase orders and accrual management.
- Lead the system economics analysis and benchmarking- provide the business with an understanding of financial condition and economics of the system, comprising the company, the bottler and the customer through the lens of packages and brands resulting in a well-defined OBPPC and thus building incidence.
- SPOC for SET and NSR 2.0
Medium to High Level Strategic/ Operational Interaction with:
While the communication extends to most internal functions within the BU along with Bottler and Customer finance teams, the key stakeholders are as follows:
- Within The Company
- BU Leadership team for sharing analysis and insights on Operational performance, channel level economics, profit sharing and bottler financial health
- BU Key Accounts head, BU Operations head, channel managers
- Strategy, Business Development, Technical & Supply Chain, and Marketing functions for analysis of special projects/ strategic initiatives
- Commercial team on OBPPC strategies
- BU Finance - Budgeting & Planning Group, Controllers' Group, Taxation
- Corporate & Group teams - TMD & McD
- Digital Council - comprising of the Group Strategy Head, Group CFO, Global CFO
- Outside The Company
- Franchise Bottlers - Owners, Finance Heads
- Key Account teams - Finance counterparts
- Other BUs - Commercial Finance counterparts, CFOs
- Agency & Vendors
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction:
The role demands an ability to demonstrate the following skills to perform effectively:
- SPOC from Finance for the Key Accounts business and plays a pivotal role in quantifying, validating and calling out the medium to long term impact of any initiatives (Strategic / Tactical) to the VP Key Accounts, Director Commercial Finance and the VP Finance, where applicable
- Support Key Account business teams to have tough data and insights backed discussions with the Bottler, Customer and Brand teams to drive sustainable profitable growth for the system
- Ability to balance out conversations with Bottlers and Key Account Head on acquiring “profitable” accounts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with leaders & peers and ability to translate business discussions into a quantifiable manner
- C.A/ MBA from a premier B School
- 7+ years of exposure to financial modelling, business planning, analytical capabilities in the Business Finance function in any sector.
- Strong communication skills to effectively manage discussions with various types of stakeholders.
- Strong Commercial and Accounting skills backed by good analytical ability
- Ability to work seamlessly across functions and liaise with Bottlers and Key Customers
- Close interactions and manage expectations of senior management
- Initiative, attention to detail, very strong execution skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please note: Candidates with only accounting experience will not be suitable for this role.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top