Job Description Summary
Performs quantitative and qualitative chemical or biological analysis according to established scientific methods; ensures the quality of the organization's raw materials, in process products and finished goods; conducts laboratory experiments to test the physical and/or chemical specifications of materials/products; sets-up laboratory test equipment; prepares detailed reports with recommendations; performs routine maintenance and safety checks on laboratory equipment.
This role is intended to support 2 different workflows within the lab and will need flexibility on starting shift time based off lab needs. Preferred to have GC, Pesticide Residue and Mass Spectrometry knowledge and experience and one who likes working at a fast pace.
Individual contributor that works under limited supervision; applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge. Engage in daily contact with key laboratory personnel e.g. Lab manager, other team members, understand lab workload, priorities and other pertinent information.
Communicate with relevant other stakeholders such as R&D, BU, and other Technical Functions, and vendors/suppliers, providing information on testing, results, other facts. Gather information from R&D, BU, others to help understand needs from lab operation. Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required.
- Ability to perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required chemical, microbiological, physical, analytical and/or sensorial methodology as required on ingredients, intermediates and finished products and report results.
- Ability to develop subject matter expertise in specific field to support the evaluation of data/information, providing solutions to problems, educated opinions and decisions on ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances to provide support to bottlers and customers.
- Advanced Field Specialty (e.g. Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Spectroscopy, Ingredients, Packaging, Sensory or others): Expert ability to integrate advanced techniques and to apply the most appropriate techniques to a broad range of problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices; Laboratory/Analytical Instrumentation, including instrumental theory, operation, maintenance and ability to operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments; LIMS; Quality management systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships.
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required chemical, analytical and/ or sensorial methodology according to quality guidelines
- Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to validate that ingredients/materials meet specifications. Applies standard approach to record and interpret results.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibrating and repairing).
- Train and instruct analysts/scientists
- Work to and ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentations, quality records and audits.
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes. This may include database queries, statistical process control or correlation study.
- Develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results. This may include performing capability studies.
- Engage in daily contact with key laboratory personnel e.g. Lab manager, other team members, understand lab workload, priorities and other pertinent information.
- Communicate with relevant other stakeholders such as R&D, BU, and other Technical Functions, and vendors/suppliers, providing information on testing, results, other facts. Gather information from R&D, BU, others to help understand needs from lab operation.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required.
Once the successful candidate has received appropriate training, they will be expected to perform at a high level and will:
- Be familiar with required testing within their dedicated area
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with specifications or standards
- Interpret results
- Work with Laboratory Supervisor/ Manager to ensure proper use of resources
- Interpret of databases for specifications, methods , standards & advanced analytics
- Contributes to summaries and reports
- Suggests innovative approaches to improve lab workflow, methods or other lab processes to management.
- Problem solving situations general and routine.
- Experience desired
- M.Sc. or B. Sc.with relevant experience
Years of previous work experience desired
- 2-3 years relevant experience with M.Sc.
- 5 years experience with B.Sc.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.