Job Description Summary
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for efficient and safe manufacturing processes through the supervision of production team members. Must adhere to the production schedule and ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
Function Specific Activities:
- Lead entire off-shift operations while delivering key performance indicators (safety, quality, cost and service).
- Manage production, warehouse, quality and maintenance teams.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage within labor and OPEX budget.
- Monitors the production process, makes periodic checks and adjusts equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise change overs.
- Manage overall package and product quality to ensure all standards and specifications are maintained.
- Ensure completion of the daily Production Run schedule
- Coordination of continued development and training of Production line associates
- Verify all required Production documentation properly filled out
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience; Engineering degree preferred
- Production/manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
- Food or Beverage experience preferred.
- 2+ years supervising or leading teams a plus
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or other Organizational Effectiveness practices
- Familiarity with overall Manufacturing environment roles: Sanitation; QA; Maintenance
- Requires experience managing people and performance metrics.
- Strong computer and database application skills.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems
- Strong SAP knowledge and application highly preferred
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.