Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
City/Cities:Lake Buena Vista
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:May 30, 2019
Job Description Summary:The World of Coca-Cola is proud to be the home of the beloved Coca-Cola Polar Bear. Our live character “meet-and-greet” is consistently voted as one of our top ranked experiences by our guests from around the world each year. World of Coca-Cola is looking for outgoing individuals to be the ultimate Brand Ambassador - the Coca-Cola Polar bear. We will be hosting auditions (invitation only) for performers who can bring our Coca-Cola Polar Bear to life. This is an on-going, part-time position.
Candidates must be flexible to work any shift between the hours of 8:30 am up to midnight on Saturdays, Sundays and 2 - 3 weekdays.
- Perform energetically as the Coca-Cola Polar Bear
- Entertain large crowds by performing in front of diverse audiences evoking high energy, enthusiasm and fun in a creative, easy going, and comfortable manner
- Read individuals' social cues to understand the level of interaction each guest may want
- Display good non-verbal communication skills and bring to life the Coca-Cola Polar bear
- Take care of the costume and its equipment
- Love Coca-Cola!
- Able to perform both indoors and outdoors in full costume
- Work effectively in a hot and claustrophobic costume environment
- Able to perform in a costume weighing approximately 50lbs for 30-45 minutes at a time. (45 minute breaks in between performances with one of them being a 1 hour break if working a full 9 hour shift)
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance
- Must have full use of hands , fingers and wrists
- Frequently required to walk, stand for long periods of time, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job to include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work within the costume and utilize video monitor to “see” and navigate through crowds
- Ability to perform at a consistent level in a highly visible public (guest) arena
- Ability to work flexible shifts (hours) days and evenings, and holidays
- Costume is made to fit someone 5'10 to 6'2 tall with an average build
- Ability to support and assist in the evolution of the character program
- Must have a valid state of Georgia Driver's license to transport self and others to offsite locations, when needed; Ability to travel with adequate notice
- High school degree or equivalent
- Submit to and pass a background investigation, drug screen, credit, motor vehicle report check and basic physical
- 1 year working within a team concept with a culturally diverse staff
- 1 year experience working in the theme park industry as a live performance, special skill artist, puppetry, performer, or mascot. Experience in cheer, dance or game entertainment is beneficial
- Experience performing in front of large crowds and evoking high energy, enthusiasm and fun
- Must work well with other, including guest of all ages
- Audition inside of the costume is required
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top