Job Description Summary
The Financial Systems Manager role is in the Company's Consolidations, Capital and Reporting Group, responsible for the collection, consolidation and reporting of total Company financial results. This team performs system configuration for the Company's Financial Consolidation reporting applications and interfaces used to collect worldwide financial, volume, and year-end data. This role acts as a key intermediary between the Controller's Group, Global IT, and business partners.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
Consolidation System Stewardship
- Supports the oversight and service management of inbound and outbound interface programs, jobs and tables, quality control, multi-year technology roadmaps and ensures exploitation / value realization for critical services supporting the Company's global financial consolidation application
- Understands system functionality and change impacts to consolidated results and reporting, evaluates master data, statutory and business change impacts on application interfaces, and develops and unit tests solution components to ensure functionality and performance
- Participates in global process improvement initiatives, continuous improvement and Global IT initiated system changes and application version updates
Submissions & Security
- Views and monitors all application support incidents related to the Company's consolidation system and inbound/outbound infrastructure interface jobs and manages SLA's
- Proactively shares knowledge, serves as liaison between users, business leads and Global IT technical groups to resolve issues and performs data extraction, identification, research and validation of data integrity issues necessary for timely issue resolution
- Assists with system set-up processes, application monitoring, interface maintenance and security provisioning for the Financial Consolidation system and Financial Information Management application
- Assists with access requirements and ensures compliance with Company standard policies, procedures, and best practices
- Collaborates with internal and external business clients, global teams, and contractors (e.g., Global IT, CapGemini, SAP, etc.) to jointly identify business system and infrastructure change requirements
- Conducts information-gathering sessions, (e.g., audience analysis, needs analysis, delta analysis, validation sessions) analyzing the information and prioritizing the requirements to prepare the education & training strategy and ensure that all business requirements are met
- Defines, collects, clarifies and translates business needs into functional technology requirements including documentation, process models, and data models from which applications and solutions are designed and developed
- Responsible for remote and/or on-site Field IT operational support, maintenance, problem solving, and configuration and provides application related guidance to Finance Operation teams, including global communications.
- Conducts on-boarding and further development of new and existing associates
In this role the individual will be expected to grow exponentially in the following areas:
- Individual will gain unique exposure to the Company's consolidated results
- Individual will gain further knowledge of Company's accounting and other reporting routines
- Interact with other teams within and outside the Finance Operations, as well as across the globe
- Build knowledge of the Financial Consolidation system, its interfaces and financial close and review processes and assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner
- Seek out new development opportunities to enhance job performance, productivity and skills
- Access and build relationships with senior leaders (Controller, Chief Accounting Officer, Directors, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience:
5+ years of work experience in an IT function, with a good mix of many of the following:
- General IT Infrastructure understanding and application knowledge
- Experience with project deployment and management
- Experience developing and managing functional and non-functional requirements, test cases and test scripts in a corporate IT environment
- Experience in working in a global, virtual environment across IT service groups is a plus
- Knowledge of the IT industry directional trends and a desire to remain constant, relevant and updated on emerging technologies in the IT industry
- Consumer packaged goods business knowledge/understanding is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in managing customer expectations
- Project management skills utilizing standard project methodologies
- Expected 3-year commitment to the role to develop, maintain and provide technical expertise necessary for team/process stability and transfer knowledge, operating systems and other infrastructure components to the next analyst
- Strong time management skills and proficient oral and written communication skills to communicate system changes to stakeholders via governance processes
- Ability to prioritize tasks and make decisions within established guidelines and policies
- Excellent customer service skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and fosters positive engagement with business partners
- Advanced Excel knowledge, Microsoft Access and SQL programming skills preferred
- Global process improvement initiative exposure preferred (Agile, Operational Excellence)
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Self-starter with initiative to get the job done
- Attention to Detail
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.