Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:July 20, 2019
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Support the Distribution Department in a manner as to attain all key objectives including safety, quality, security, productivity and cost control while maintaining a high level of organization, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure quality product is shipped and received in compliance with The Coca-Cola Management System (TCCMS) standards.
- Process loads in accordance with Company standards.
- Processes associated paperwork for inbound and outbound shipments, and document all product and material movements per standards.
- Complete documentation (pick tickets & changes, Bills of Lading, receiving documents and checklist) with accuracy and efficiency.
- Update Dock Door with actual shipment information.
- Ensure a smooth flow of trucks to be loaded by directing drivers as needed.
- Follow up on load status throughout the day so as to head off problems.
- Assist in physical inventory counts.
- Perform required cleaning and sanitation duties to meet GMP standards throughout the facility.
- Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under The Coca-Cola Management System (TCCMS).
- Take action to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
- Protect the confidentiality of company, supplier, and customer information.
- Comply with all Safety, Environmental, Security and Good Manufacturing Practice policies.
- Comply with job procedures and supervisor instructions.
- Ensure the safety and security of self, coworkers, product and property.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with all co-workers at all levels and relevant contractors and suppliers.
- Successfully complete all company and government required training.
- Adhere to a high standard of ethical conduct.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Support the employee water and donation water programs.
- Communicate effectively with external environment.
- Ensure effective application of The Coca Cola Management System in order to ensure product quality and food safety as defined by Company requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one year work experience in an industrial, utility or maintenance service environment preferred.
Technical Knowledge/Critical Skills:
- Must be a certified power equipment operator for forklifts and man lifts, or able to obtain certification within a reasonable length of time after entering the job.
- Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a manufacturing environment and the ability to apply them.
- Read, write, and comprehend English
- Able to maintain accurate, legible and complete records.
- Able to successfully pass the AON Assessment Test
- Attention to Detail - Accomplishing task by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processed and task; being watchful over a period of time.
- Work Standards - Setting high standard of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or task; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Acting with Integrity - Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical and organizational value; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Establishing Collaborative Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others' efforts.
- Ability to move throughout the plant including around machinery, under conveyors and climb stairs and ladders.
- Position requires frequent walking, stooping, bending, twisting and ability to stand for up to 12 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top