Job Description Summary
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
**Position located in the Grand Rapids, MI area**
This leadership role will work collaboratively with the Coca-Cola Bottling system to deliver the annual business /commercial plan. The Sales Development Manager will act as the primary conduit between the Meijer National Retail Sales (NRS) team, Coca-Cola's Bottler Leadership and Meijer Region Leadership. Meijer is a privately held mass merchant operating 247 supercenters and 218 gas locations. They are a Top 50 Global Customer for the Coca-Cola System and represents the fastest growing customer in their geography.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Grows level of customer satisfaction, maintains win/win business relationship, and ensures effective communication with all key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Owns the call point relationship with all Meijer Group Vice President of Store Operation and Market Managers
- Steward resources from the Meijer NRS cross functional team to the Field
- Support in the development of capabilities of key bottler account leads
- Own strategy with Meijer for 85/15 project by providing innovative solutions to address local business needs and opportunities to win in the marketplace
- Key participant in RCLB meetings to represent Meijer NRS
- Lead on Meijer Operational Initiatives (Quarterly Vender Performance Survey, Set By 8, In-Stock Initiative, etc.)
- Architect in the development of the National PicOS for Meijer Team
- Development of selling tools to influence the customer at division and store level
- Own the Region Business Review platform and cadence
- Provide Post Analysis on the execution of key promotions / initiatives
- Steward the management of targeted AMPS metrics
- Leads and stewards OSA metrics
Minimum: BS/BA (or equivalent)
Preferred Level: MS/MA/MBA (or equivalent
Related Work Experience:
- Beverage/consumer packaged goods experience is an asset
- Experience in managing price package plans for customers
- 3 - 5 years of key account experience
- Complex selling knowledge with proven ability to create & sell-in customer promotional programs & key initiatives
- Knowledge of bottler and fountain environment and systems and business development planning experience
- Proven ability to manage needs and concerns of multiple stakeholders across various business systems Strategic marketing insights and experiential knowledge
- Planning and Organization expertise
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Customer planning experience; execution bias for action
- Brand Acumen - positioning, role, occasions, vision
- Knowledge in the Collaborating For Value selling process and tools
- Collaboration across all key functions
- Systematically employs and supports process for gathering internal and external feedback
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships with internal and external leaders at the highest levels of any organization
- Knowledge in consumer / shopper insights and trends
- Ability to influence and align senior leadership on strategic planning and actions
- Organizational effectiveness
- Resource stewardship - the ability to redirect, or reposition resources (i.e., time, money, people) toward mutually beneficial business solutions
- Innovation plans and implementation
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.