Job Description Summary
The Lead Data Engineer, APAC MarTech is primarily expected to understand the needs of managing marketing related data at various aggregation levels from all data sources from first party environments to third party environments (real time included) & effectively utilizing that data across multiple channels to deliver data driven marketing in the Coca-Cola System and the Asia Pacific region (Includes China). The Lead Data Engineer will collaborate with business and technology associates to understand marketing requirements, identify & prioritize the right data sources to ingest data and then, prepare data, have an architecture that allows marketers to efficiently do personalization & segmentation at scale utilizing the right technologies in a cost-effective manner.
The role will flow to the top priority APAC MarTech projects/ programs and lead the delivery of the program across the group. The individual will work with business partners across functions and BUs in APAC to understand the needs, identify the value and convert into an executable project plan.
The position will be a senior IT role that would report into the Asia Pacific MarTech leader and will be a member of the Global IT function of Coca-Cola.
The MarTech Data team will be part the Coca Cola company's regional development centre (RDC) and will serve the entire Asia Pacific group. The mission of the RDC in the MarTech domain is to analytically enable & automate brand building operations to build a competitive advantage for Coca-Cola Marketers in APAC.
- Scalable & robust data pipeline to hold marketing data that can hook on to multiple data sources and activation channels seamlessly
- Analytics solutions that meet criteria for business value, cost, time-to-deliver, and reusability
- Actionable insights for business teams & deliver a culture of data-driven marketing
- Compliance with company and industry best practices and standards
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture for all marketing related data
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Lead top priority MarTech data projects all the way from project initiation, chartering, enrolling team members, execution and closure
- Work with marketers, Data/ Business Analysts to understand marketing challenges, business questions, processes, and related data.
- Integrate consumer data from owned websites/applications, from partners & third-party vendors & transactional data (sales data)
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS ‘big data' technologies primarily (and to some extent in Microsoft Azure too, including China Azure).
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key marketing performance metrics.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our data systems to include pattern detections, predictive modeling using data science algorithms etc
- Document processes and research, standards, guidelines, and best practices for teams utilizing the solutions.
- In depth experience in one, or more, Big Data Technologies such as (Redshift, Vertica, Azure SQL DW, BigQuery, Cloudera, CosmosDB, Hortonworks, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Pivotal, Spark, Storm, Vertica, Yarn). Strong preference for AWS expertise (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Lambda, Kinesis etc).
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases. NoSQL knowledge will be preferred
- Advanced skills with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc & data pipeline and workflow management tools (Azkaban, Airflow etc)
- Advanced skills with one or more object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, C#, Python, Scala, etc.
- Experience in stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with building scalable APIs & integrating with APIs to push data from a data warehouse to other channels
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Ability to manage teams, mentor others and increase the knowledge level in the team
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-member role
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Ability to work with geographically diverse teams via collaborative technologies.
Core Competencies - The following is a list of top Core Competencies needed for the job.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
Related Work Experience
- 8+ years of work experience in data engineering functions & delivering solutions to large organizations
- Experience in working on marketing data related data pipelines (consumer data or otherwise) like in CRMs etc. Especially advantageous if you have built solutions from the ground up.
- Basic experience in data science & analytics will be preferred.
- Data Experience related to retail sales, eCommerce, digital media and other data sets, most commonly used in the CPG industry will be an additional advantage
Job Requirements - The following is a listing of minimum indicated requirements for this job.
- Ideally University Degree or higher in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Applied Math or related field.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.