Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:May 30, 2019
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Coca-Cola North America R&D is looking for a technical leader experienced with material science and ingredients to evaluate compatibility between dispensing equipment and new beverages. This person must have a strong understanding of food contact materials, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a team player across the organization. They must be comfortable working on multiple projects at once according to priorities, a natural curiosity to learn about material and ingredient interaction, a drive to develop and streamline testing and processes, and the management skills to manage a working equipment test lab.
Function Specific Activities:
- Manage multiple workstreams at one time. Schedule and adjust work according to dynamic business priorities of new products
- Collaborate cross functionally with the equipment engineering, product development, analytical chemistry, and quality teams to evaluate products and risk
- Manage a R&D dispensing equipment lab used to assess developing dispensing equipment including equipment inventory and movement to other warehouses, coordinating lab visitors and team events, and general cleanliness with lab users
- Develop lab processes to improve lab logistics and equipment showroom for customer visits
- Technically evaluate newly developed beverage products for compatibility with existing or new dispensing equipment and the supply chain utilizing general laboratory equipment and beverage dispensing equipment.
- The evaluation includes test setup, detailed data collection, and analysis of physical properties, equipment performance and beverage quality testing, and various other lab experiments.
- Setup, maintain, and calibrate laboratory equipment and instrumentation. Setup and use existing and new dispensing equipment platforms. Troubleshoot dispensing platform at an overall system level.
- Collaborate on test procedures for existing and new equipment platforms. Ability to identify critical testing characteristics.
- Based on the evaluation, write technical reports to be shared across various technical teams and identify risks or concerns.
- Use knowledge of ingredient and food contact materials to interpret results on a deeper level to gain knowledge about the ingredient and material interaction in order to improve future work.
- Manage testing using online software tool for product qualification process. Improve online tool with process improvements to optimize testing and risk.
Functional / Technical Skills or Knowledge
Previous experience required
- Laboratory experience in a manufacturing or other environment
- Process oriented mindset: Ability to think through a process, whether a testing procedure or workflow process
- Following technical procedures such as ASTM, etc. in a very detailed manner
- Ability to identify critical testing characteristics
- Data analysis and building out data sheets using MS Excel
- Technical report writing to be shared across various technical teams
- Troubleshooting at a system level with various supporting pieces of equipment
- Ability to manage multiple testing streams for multiple products
- Ability to schedule and adjust testing according to dynamic priorities
- Ability to setup and maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Instrument calibration confirmation and evaluation
Previous experience preferred
- Experience with ingredients and/or material testing
- Procedure writing and procedure improvement for efficiency or efficacy
- Understanding of the business or consumer impacts of testing results
- Data analysis using higher level software such as JMP or Minitab
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, material engineering, material science, chemistry, or food science is required
Years of Experience
- 3+ years of experience
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. ?
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top