Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:August 30, 2019
Job Description Summary:Scientist II will be responsible for developing new products or reformulating existing products as described in the accepted work practices and approved documentation processes; Will focus but not limited to water, water+ and sports drinks development.
Key Result Areas
• Interact with business unit related functions (technical, marketing, SRA, etc) to facilitate the product development, e.g., working with marketing people to determine the development direction, technical input /attend trial run for product commercialization, etc.
• Create formulation under the product development manager, including development of the beverage, syrup and flavoring system, making sure that the product has the right balance of tartness, sweetness, taste, color or any other organoleptic characteristic of the final product.
• Use technical consumer research tool for project execution as needed, e.g., taste tests with sensory guidelines, modify prototypes according to consumer research result, propose innovation projects basing on customer needs, etc.
• Dedicate in lab tests, record result and regular report to line manager. Identify issues, improvement opportunities and recommend solutions.
• Efficiently input formulation in TCCC proprietary databases, such as PICASSO.
• maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibrating and repairing).
• Initiate the stability and shelf life tests for all the formulations developed. Description of the manufacturing conditions required to produce beverages, syrups and flavour concentrates in commercial scale at bottling plants, concentrate plants or co-packers
• Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions in your own area of accountability.
Beverage development experience is preferred; Nutrition or sports nutrition related experience is preferred.
Responsibilities are typically stated as broad goals or areas of accountability. There is substantial latitude in determining how to accomplish the goals.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Consumer centric mindset and ability to design innovation ideas to meet local market needs.
• General knowledge of the composition, structure and properties of inorganic substances needed to understand inorganic ingredients (e.g., acidulants, oxygen, water, buffers) used in Company products and in research on stability of ingredients.
• Basic knowledge of food and water microbiology used to make judgments about the safety of ingredients, beverages, manufacturing techniques, packaging and storage conditions.
• Knowledge of basic nutrition concepts and definitions involved in basic nutritional labeling.
• General understanding of all aspects of physical chemistry that are relevant to Company products.
• Ability to measure instrument variations and apply corrections for ensuring the accuracy and precision of an instrument or measurement tool.
• Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
• Knowledge of Company-specific rules for creating formulas and formula codes.
• Efficient communication skills in Chinese and English.(verbal and written).
Education & Professional Qualification:
Education and Related Work Experience - Food Science and / or Food Engineering is preferred:
BS with at least 5-7 years related work experience;
MS with at least 3-5 years related work experience;
DS with at least 0-1 years related work experience.
- Proficient in spoken & written Mandarin and English
5-25%, including trial run, business meeting, seminar etc.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top