Job Description Summary
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Multicultural Marketing team is seeking a dynamic, passionate and highly-motivated brand marketing leader to develop and execute a winning multicultural strategy for the Multicultural Growth Marketing Team.
- Deliver scalable and sustainable brand/portfolio Hispanic American cultural impact strategies
- Develop and execute forward-thinking, culture-relevant campaigns
- Streamline and translate Hispanic American cultural insights into brand opportunities
- Work with Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) Multicultural relevant brands in the up-front brand planning process to drive stronger Multicultural relevance and consumption
- Keep abreast of Hispanic American culture to develop powerful strategies, consumer communications, and brand programming
- Manage multiple external agencies in the development of creative, media plans and shopper programs - including writing creative briefs, providing feedback and managing timelines.
- Develop culture councils to provide on-demand rapid feedback on brand strategies, communications and activations
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to help elevate CCNA Multicultural IQ leading internal multicultural learning sessions and engaging in external councils to stay abreast of the latest Multicultural trends
- Build portfolio brand love and drive brand health & frequency among Hispanic American drinkers
- Interact with bottlers/customers in order to influence their programming, plan-o-grams, and merchandising during annual business planning process
- Review Spanish language creative (transculturation, translations, and cultural insights), providing feedback and final approval in alignment with the brand, IMC and content teams
- Review creative as needed to ensure cultural relevance or call-out cultural red-flags.
- Brand Marketing Strategy: knowledge of information used to define portfolio/brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions
- Brand Positioning: knowledge of specific brand positioning and brand architecture of the company's brands
- Marketing Concepts: knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans
- Creative Concept Evaluation: ability to assess creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact
- Marketing Research Application: ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives
- Brand Equity: knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity (e.g., marketing programs, commercial execution, etc.)
- Property/Program Identification: ability to identify meaningful and relevant programs/properties that will have the most impact on specific target audiences
- 5 or more years of classical brand marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Strong analysis, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem solving skills.
- Fluent English/Spanish (read, write and speak)
- Results focused, with examples to prove it
- Experience with Nielsen and/or Kantar
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior with a focus on multicultural
- Deep understanding of Multicultural culture/nuances
- Ability to adjust on the fly and thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Skilled in PowerPoint and Microsoft suite (e.g. Outlook and Excel)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.