Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:May 25, 2019
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Coordinates the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; monitors the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing etc.; supervises staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed and all machines and equipment operated safely; prepares production reports. Leads/supervises a team of more than 2 para-professionals; typically without budget or hire-fire authority; focuses on mentoring and coordination.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets.
• Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
• Champion and lead change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts, including the pursuit of TPM.
• Utilize and model Coca-Cola's core values in the execution of daily work activities and decision making.
• Build relationships with frontline team members, internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets.
• Maintain safe environment and safety practices in all business initiatives.
• Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment.
• Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
• Ensure that a high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained.
• Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and off floor review meetings.
• Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the Technical team to get resolution.
• Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
Key qualifications include:
• Two to five years of experience in a leadership capacity within manufacturing, with shift or area ownership required.
• Four-year degree or equivalent combination of education & experience.
• Prior experience in a beverage, food or other clean manufacturing environment with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulations preferred.
• Ability to grow relationships with business partners and to lead, coach and develop employees.
• Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead organizational initiatives and change.
• Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem-solving ability.
• Continuous improvement or process improvement experience. Green belt or black belt certification preferred.
• Prior experience with TPM a plus.
• PLC experience is a plus.
• Increase in responsibilities over time, reflected in new work assignments, career advancements, and larger scope of work.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite applications; SAP experience a plus.
• Grasp of financial factors related to operations performance.
• Understanding of production processes.
• Ability to have schedule flexibility, as needed, to cover peer vacations.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top