Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Coke's North America Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) team has an exciting position available in our Atlanta-based Headquarters. The position will partner with the business to lead the development and execution of a nutrition innovation strategy to accelerate the growth of our business in current and new beverage categories. This role will leverage their scientific expertise to establish our nutrition advocacy strategy to promote trust in our product portfolio, provide guidance to cross-functional partners as a nutrition subject matter expert, and advocate for our business credibly as a nutrition expert in industry, professional, and scientific associations.
Function Specific Activities:
- Provide scientific leadership to build nutrition advocacy and innovation strategies for Coca-Cola North America.
- Identify and guide scientific opportunities for enabling health and wellness-focused innovation opportunities.
- Build and maintain a strong external network of health and nutrition stakeholders including academics, policy makers, and industry peers.
- Establish and execute nutrition strategy to advocate for our product categories and ingredients.
- Monitor and guide the business on emerging trends and developments in policies, regulations, and nutrition science that could impact our business.
- Translate complex regulatory, scientific and nutritional information into simple, easy to understand facts for consumers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ph.D. in nutrition, food science, or related field is required
Related Work Experience:
- 12+ years of experience in a similar role in food, beverage, or related industry.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top