Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Senior Manager, Decision Science is responsible for translating structured & unstructured datasets into clear and compelling insights that lead to actionable recommendations to drive business results. The scope of these recommendations will span both tactical and strategic goals of the Data Strategy & Decision Science organization. The Senior Manager, Decision Science will work closely with peers and cross-functional business partners to analyze business opportunities, structure experiments to test hypotheses, optimize processes and continually innovate new ideas to help sustain the business. Specifically, this position will support the Minute Maid and Simply Business Unit to positively influence growth in market share and profitability across the BU portfolio. S/he will develop and maintain marketing mix models across Minute Maid BU brands and assess the performance of marketing investments for all marketing channels. S/he must also be able to analyze and establish the cumulative impact of all marketing activities in the short term and long term. S/he will communicate findings and implications to the BU stakeholders and senior leadership
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Lead the development of advanced analytical methods by extracting and mining vast amounts of data from multiple sources to provide actionable insights for solving business problems or finding opportunities for profitable business growth. Fully understand when it is appropriate to use the different techniques
- Deliver these insights keeping an optimal balance of time to deliver and level of detail/accuracy given data availability and/or imperfections
- Provide expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the organization
- Lead marketing mix analyses by managing and coordinating external research suppliers in order to ensure databases are properly built, models are appropriately calibrated and business issues are addressed and implication and recommendations are effectively communicated. Develop projections and simulations of future marketing activities, optimizing their effectiveness through development of best in class statistical models to provide continuous insights to Brand teams
- Knowledge of, and experience using key U.S. market intelligence sources, including Nielsen RMS/Storeviews, Nielsen Homescan Panel, Nielsen Retail Execution, and consumer surveys.
- Leverage technology to increase efficiency and productivity throughout the entire organization and act as a subject matter expert for information platforms and analytical/technical tools
- Master's Degree in Analytics or related quantitative field (Statistics, Operations Research, Math, etc.) with strong experience in data & business analytics
Related Work Experience:
- 5+ years' experience working in marketing data science role, or equivalent; ideally in a CPG company
- Thorough knowledge of statistics and advanced data analysis/modeling skills (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, machine Learning, AI, etc.)
- Deep experience with latest media measurement practices, including attribution modeling and cross-channel measurement
- Experience working with big data platforms such as Hadoop, statistical programming languages, like R or Python or SAS, database querying language like SQL, HIVE to increase efficiency by improving accuracy and reducing turnaround time
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Micro Strategy to deliver output to the broader business community and help them make data-driven decisions and improve productivity
- Ability to thrive in an environment and collaborate with different individuals and organizations
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced Analytics: Evangelize the adoption of data-driven decisions across CCNA by leading the development of advanced analytical methods, mining vast amounts of data in the data lake to provide actionable insights for solving business problems or finding opportunities for profitable growth. Deliver these insights keeping an optimal balance of time to deliver and level of detail/accuracy given data availability and/or imperfections
- Technology: Leverage Technology (i.e. big data platform and analytical tools such as R, Python, SAS etc.) to increase efficiency and productivity throughout CCNA by increasing output accuracy, reducing turnaround time and delivering output to the broader business community using data visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy etc.
- Business Understanding: Research and analyze business information to develop an understanding of the industry and competitive environment
- Communication: Create and communicate a business point of view to influence the decision making of clients, peers and other key internal/external customers
- Consultant and SME: Serve as a consultant and subject matter expert back to the organization (Functional area or client team) on significant matters relating to programs (Marketing, Customer), Company investments (Media, Executional, etc.), capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives in areas of expertise
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top