Job Description Summary
- Orchestrate the SBP & ABP process implementation in ENAR.
- Leads performance analysis, regional reporting consolidation & support leadership team with strategic business reviews preparation, in coordination with Country Managers & Market's team
- Provide Analytical & Project Management support on key strategic projects, business development/M&A initiatives
- Leads Competitive Intelligence analysis and overall landscape analysis (macro, social and political environment)
Responsible for analysis concerning the influence of external market factors upon the organization; monitors activities related to project evaluation, financial structuring and investor interface; plans and completes technical assignments; in charge of the modification of established guidelines and initiating new approaches, recommends selection and training of staff. Individual contributor with comprehensive knowledge in specific area; ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects.
1. Orchestrate the SBP and ABP process implementation in ENAR
- PMO of the ENAR Process & coordination with MENA Business Unit to deliver detailed deliverables on time and in line with Strategic direction (Non exhaustive: IE, Redbook, Competitive analysis, Detailed Volume/Transactions/NSR projections…)
- Current Reality & Industry Forecasting Analysis: leads overall opportunity mapping efforts, leads category forecast efforts for next 5 years, and conducts detailed SWOT analysis of the overall business. Coordinates a broad consensus on the key issues and opportunities, and the possible solutions to kickstart the plan ideation
- Coordinates and integrates the strategy documents for presentation to bottler, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Integrates budgets (volume, expenses) and assumptions (pricing, costs, etc), to input into financial models and overall strategy scorecards.
- Working in close collaboration with Finance, K&I, Marketing and Commercial/Franchise Leadership, provides oversight of the System Profitability Model output for consistency, and ensures updates of overall model assumptions.
2. Leads performance analysis and regional reporting consolidation
- ENAR Monthly Message Management Routine owner of the, covering all aspects of the business, including market place performance, key initiative execution and results updates: content requirement lead, country coordination, minutes & follow-ups with local markets, ENAR consolidation
- Leads regular & custom performance management routines and reports covering all aspects of the business, including marketplace performance, key initiative execution and results updates, macro conditions changes, etc. (non exhaustive: GPD, GCL, MENA BU Quarterly Reviews, Monthly Volume /NSR Calls, System Quarterly Business Performance routine with ECCBC, …)
- Regional dashboard creation and update
3. Provide Analytical & Project Management support on key strategic projects, business development/M&A initiatives
- Lead key analysis on business cases potential M&A targets, new business ventures integration, business development projects in line with Corporate, BU & Region Strategy
- Support project management on key M&A business development initiatives
- Support/Lead special projects for the Region to advance alternative and complementary sources of growth
4. Leads Competitive Intelligence analysis and overall landscape analysis
(macro, social and political environment).
- Map of competitive landscape, and profile of competition, their likely strategies and plans.
- Provide management with detailed assessment of overall macro-economic and political landscape, and the impact on the business, strategy or competitive landscape. Interact with Legal, PAC and SRA to understand the regulatory landscape, how it is evolving, and the implications on the business strategy.
- Partner with Finance to assess Industry Profit Pools
The role will be instrumental to provide data, facts & business insights that will support leadership team's decisions
- Influencing skills, ability to bring everybody on aligned performance reading across the Countries, Region and System
- Everyday communication with ENAR S&BP Director, ENAR Sales Performance Analyst and wider S&BP team including K&I
- Adhoc daily/weekly communication with ENAR GM, ENAR Finance Director & ENAR Marketing Director as required to address questions/enquiries.
- Weekly/Monthly Communication with Country General Managers
- Daily/Weekly communication across departments, including K&I, Marketing, Commercial, Regional Operations, Finance, Technical and PAC.
- MENA BU S&BP Team & S&BP Corporate on adhoc queries/reporting.
- Bottlers Business Planning counterparts to source information & align projections
- Research Suppliers (External) e.g. Canadean, Nielsen, Infotools, Europanel, on adhoc queries
There are various types of problems and analysis that will be encountered in the role. They include but are not limited to analyzing past performance, assessing future projections, identifying potential business opportunities, assessing category/market entries, evaluating alternatives, analyzing market trends, and understanding competitive data and dynamics. Areas include:
- Ability to reconcile multiple data sources and aggregate data into coherent consolidated reports and recommendations.
- Ability to analyse data trends to discern positive/negative performance gaps and highlight and explain those gaps.
- Ability to review and summarise competitive reports for ENAR leadership review.
- Review existing reportings & dashboard across the key countries, identify best practices, inconsistencies and gaps, and develop models and processes to raise the bar on consistency and quality of reporting across the region
- Lead the development of a standard competitive reporting discipline based on incoming data that can be used to better share and communicate competitive intelligence within the Region and to the BU
- Continuously look for opportunities to find innovative ways of bringing more consistency to BU data and insights reporting, sharing learnings and projecting volume and industry evolution to establish and drive commonalities and synergies in what is a highly fragmented and complex system structure.
- Ability to work in a fluid organization setting where the focus is the initiative (work);
- Strong intellect and a hunger to learn and grow within the S&BP function
- High sense of Autonomy, ability to quickly establish oneself in a new project team;
- Ability to move from one team to another quickly and work in multiple teams at the same time.
Type of prev. work experience required
- 7+ Years in FMCG experience required &/or Consulting Operations
- Project Management
- Presentation skills (Story Telling - ability to convey strategic messages into clear and crisp presentations)
- Data Analytics, high level of data and numeric proficiency with experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Ideal candidate is one who has worked in the KO System in a variety of roles, such as Marketing, Commercial &/or K&I
- University Degree. MBA Preferred.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.