Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
Job Description Summary:The Senior Manager, Crop Protection, will manage the development and execution of a scientific and regulatory strategy related to agricultural chemicals and food safety to mitigate the impact on our ingredients (citrus oils for core brands, juices, coffees, teas, nutritive sweeteners, plant-based proteins, etc.) and products (sparkling, juices, teas, coffees, etc.); and to provide TCCS the flexibility to leverage a global ingredient supply chain. The Senior Manager will be responsible for: managing/implementing strategies and frameworks for ensuring a robust process to identify and mitigate risks related to agricultural residues; serving as a key representative, spokesperson, and advocate for related TCCC positions; and working with external experts, professional societies, trade associations, government agencies, etc. to advance our strategies.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents to foster open dialog; engage stakeholders; understand what drives others' agendas; conflict resolution/negotiation; ability to listen, interpret, and relay information
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- “Pushes the frontiers” by applying expansive thinking, influencing and working beyond comfort zone.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of expertise.
- Establishes/maintains external networks and connections.
Education Requirement: Ph.d Required
Related Work Experience: 10+ years of related work experience
- Agrochemicals: Advanced knowledge of the chemistry, target modes of action, and potential human and environmental challenges for agrochemicals registered for use on food crops. Makes decisions about the safety of current or anticipated agrochemicals in consultation with other internal stakeholders. Recognizes potential human health or regulatory challenges associated with agricultural residues.
- Basic Toxicology: Basic knowledge of toxicology as related to agrochemicals and agrochemical residues.
- Basic Inorganic Chemistry: General knowledge of the composition, structure and properties of inorganic substances needed to understand inorganic ingredients (e.g., acidulants, oxygen, water, buffers) used in Company products and in research on stability of ingredients.
- Basic Organic Chemistry: Knowledge of basic organic structures, reactions, functional groups and properties needed to understand the reactions of organic compounds in Company products. This includes the understanding of moderately complex principles in order to problem-solve ingredient related issues.
- Advanced analytical chemistry: Advanced knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis. This includes preparation, separation, detection and other techniques and applying concepts of precision and accuracy. It also includes understanding new developments in the field and the detection of agrochemical residues in diverse beverage matrices.
- Advanced regulatory knowledge: Advanced knowledge of major agrochemical and agrochemical residue frameworks around the globe. Advanced knowledge of global frameworks and decision processes (i.e., Codex Committee on Pesticide Residues (CCPR), Joint FAO/WHO Meeting on Pesticide Residues (JMPR), etc.)
- Build technical relationships: Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the Company.
- Basic regulatory expertise: Working knowledge of the regulatory and political landscape affecting food ingredients. This includes the ability to anticipate issues from early warnings which could expand and become a threat to TCCS ingredients.
- Basic Food Science: Knowledge of principles and applications of food science and common manufacturing processes.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. ?
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top