Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:This Senior Engineer will report to the Director of Emerging Technologies within the Global R&D Engineering organization. This position is primarily responsible for leading the research and development of equipment and new systems to the world beverage equipment and platforms. The responsibilities will include technical design, capability in to coordinate mechanical and electrical application about prototyping, experimentation and validation of prototype systems; experience in thermodynamic and robotics are desirable.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
Brainstorm and create new technology for solving complex challenges. Works with broader team to design a full system solution. Lead and project manage teams composed of internal and external partners to validate consumer-centric solutions and/or deliver successful commercial solutions. Design and develop for mechanical and controls systems to deliver the desired functionality. These include dispenser, refrigeration system. Apply scientific and engineering principles to further fundamental understanding of cooling technologies and apply to experimental design to develop corresponding data Knowledgeable with the design, development of Embedded Control based hardware/firmware and another facilitating electronic circuitry. Adept at Process development for custom analog and digital design boards. Design and assess overall machine system for safety, regulatory compliance, and desired functionality. Knowledgeable of domestic and international regulatory bodies and standards (FCC, UL, CE). Applies fundamental engineering tools and concepts (such as Design for Manufacturing and Testability, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Root Cause Analysis) to equipment design, manufacturing processes, and customer applications in order to improve quality, costs, efficiencies, or fitness for use. Conduct disciplined lab testing and experimentation to validate reliable functionality of prototype solutions. Direct technicians on experimentation and data collection activities. Scope and manage multiple development workstreams with external consultants. Establish success criteria for new to the world technology and develop test plans to validate prototype solutions. Manage and lead multiple projects and consultants, Host design reviews and project management routines, updates senior leadership on project status, risks and opportunities.
A Bachelor Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required. A Master's degree in engineering is preferred.
Related Work Experience:
- 5-7 years related experience. Experience building prototype solutions and solving complex problems.
- Complex problem-solving: The ability to identify technical performance gaps, use data mining and analytical tools to characterize the business impact and identify root causes, and use engineering skills and tools to develop and implement solutions to complex problems with significant impact
- Knowledgeable in 6 sigma & statistics
- Experient in system engineering
- Knowledge of domestic and international regulatory agency approvals for product safety, electromagnetic emissions and susceptibility and other environmental impairments preferred.
- Project Management: Ability to lead projects that involve cross-functional teams. Includes the ability to manage moderate budgets, moderate scopes, a few suppliers and/or team members from partner companies
- Engineering Skills: Knowledge of and the ability to understand, design, apply and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
- Managing Technical Supplier Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to influence technical relationships for design improvement, manufacturing efficiencies, and quality management
- Reliability Engineering: Knowledge of and the ability to understand, design, and conduct lab/field evaluation of the ability of a system to perform its stated function over a specified period of time.
- Effective written and oral communication with cross-functional teams and management
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top