Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Job Description Summary:Responsible for assisting attorneys on high-profile legal activities to protect the organization's reputation and business interests; ensures compatibility activities with all relevant regulations; researches case law, court reports etc.; prepares legal contracts and other documents; reviews public statements from a legal standpoint; represents the organization in legal proceedings before courts and other authorities. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other para-professionals.
This senior paralegal position is in the CCNA Marketing Legal Team, supporting various parts of CCNA Marketing and the Corporate Growth Function. The person selected will work with our clients review marketing materials, and help our clients get answers to the many legal questions that arise on a day-to-day basis and to craft contracts that meet our business needs and those of our customers.
Function Specific Activities
• Provide training to clients and colleagues regarding significant recurring legal issues.
• Review and advise on advertising, marketing and communication materials to ensure legal compliance and minimize liability.
• Advise clients on how advertising, marketing and communication materials can be created and executed to ensure legal compliance and minimize liability.
• Assist clients in developing business terms for contracts.
• Under the supervision of our attorneys, provide legal and/or business advice to associates with respect to day-to-day operations.
• Develop legal subject matter expertise in relevant practice area(s).
• Review, edit and comment on agreements drafted by others (e.g., business clients, other Company paralegals, counterparties).
• Develop complex agreements or provisions that require significant independent drafting.
• Other duties related to support of CCNA Marketing and the Corporate Growth Function, as requested.
• Speaking/Writing - Clearly articulate ideas, opinions, and information
• Autonomy - Work effectively with minimum supervision.
• Flexibility - Adapt behavior in dealing with changing situations and people. Be able to adjust priorities in response to unanticipated events.
• Attention to Detail - Ensure that all necessary steps are taken to perform tasks in a safe, effective, and quality manner.
• Confidentiality - Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with maturity and professionalism.
• Prioritizing - Coordinate and organize resources and tasks in efficient and effective manner.
• Associate's degree and/or Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies/Education from an ABA approved program or a Bachelor's degree with a Paralegal Studies Certificate from an ABA approved program.
• Related experience as a transactional paralegal preferred
• Experience working in a law firm or large corporate legal department
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Technical Knowledge General knowledge and limited application of simple routine procedures
and basic principles theories and concepts in specialty area
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, and OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
• Client Objectives and Risks. Ability to determine and understand client objectives and risk tolerance. Includes knowledge of methods and/or techniques used to determine to identify objectives or risk tolerance and ability to incorporate the information in making legal decisions.
• Company Policies. Knowledge of and ability to analyze effect of Company policies on client activities.
• Contract Drafting and Interpretation. Ability to synthesize business terms and incorporate legal protections into a binding agreement. Includes knowledge of proper content of agreements and ability to understand and evaluate terms and contract language proposed by counterparties to determine items that are and are not negotiable.
• Contract Law - Basic. Basic knowledge of contract law. Includes knowledge of and ability to understand basic terms and concepts.
• Document Management. Knowledge of Company document management and retrieval systems. Includes the ability to use the systems and knowledge of guidelines for handling or managing documents.
• Legal Software. Knowledge of and ability to use tools for automated contract drafting.
• Contractual Relationships. Ability to understand Company's contractual relationships with agencies, vendors, customers, sponsored properties and other counter-parties. Includes knowledge of the implications that such relationships have on the Company's strategic decision-making and freedom to act.
• Corporate Structure. Knowledge of Company's corporate structure and affiliated entities.
• Legal Databases - Knowledge of and ability to use legal databases used for contract administration.
• Legal Research. Ability to conduct and analyze legal research to determine applicable legal principles. Knowledge of and ability to use legal research resources, including electronic research tools.
• Professionalism. Ability to maintain professional demeanor and focus on objectives in confrontational negotiations.
• Contractual Relationships II. Ability to explain to clients the obligations owed and benefits due the Company under its contractual relationships such that clients understand and appreciate the implications that such relationships may have on the Company's strategic decisions and conduct.
• Business Advice and Solutions. Ability to develop and effectively communicate sound advice and/or analysis, including the suggestion of alternative business solutions and best practices while taking into account client's role, objectives and risk tolerance.
• Legal Background Information. Ability to understand the historical context of legal matters. Includes the ability to determine relevant historical information and knowledge of procedures used to gather the information.
• Legal Advice. Ability to solicit and communicate legal advice and solutions that reduce financial liability, costs and negative publicity to acceptable levels.
• Corporate Law - Basic. Basic knowledge of corporate law and regulations. Includes knowledge of and ability to understand basic terms and concepts.
• Litigation - Basic. Basic knowledge of litigation practice and procedures (e.g., law suits, regulatory proceedings, alternative dispute resolution). Includes knowledge of and ability to understand basic terms and concepts.
• Negotiation Skills. Knowledge of negotiation strategy and tactics. Includes the ability to apply appropriate strategies during negotiations.
• Opportunities and Risks. Knowledge of procedures/information used and ability to assess legal opportunities and risks.
• Trademark Law - Basic. Basic knowledge of trademark law and regulations. Includes knowledge of and ability to understand basic terms and concepts.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. ?
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top