Job Description Summary
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Director, Warehouse Sales for Walmart is responsible for leading the Warehouse Beverage business relationship with responsibility of ~$700MM in Retail Sales
They are responsible for understanding of customer's business needs, identifying and managing issues faced and opportunities with various customer buyers to develop viable solutions while working with the Coca-Cola brand and commercial organization.
Regular duties include:
- Sales leadership responsibility for Chilled Beverage Categories across Walmart Stores while leading cross functional partners to deliver the business plan.
- Drives organizational alignment and commitment against Company vision, strategy and priorities
- Leads organizational change by creating a clear vision of the future business requirements
- Manage and/or drive customer relationship towards “Alliance” Level
- Expert competencies in influencing/negotiation, innovative business development, stewardship, building a 3-year strategic customer plan and delivering results
- Drives new category, product and package penetration; high level of collaboration with Bottling System
- Translate Knowledge of Consumer, Customer & Price Package Planning into Innovative Business Solutions through value propositions utilizing Collaborating for Value
- Expert understanding of our system economic and value chain model to deliver a favorable financial sales strategy
- Strong ability to utilize and lead cross functional partners to advance our position with Walmart
- Assists the Field leadership team to support the execution of make plan initiatives
- Execute business review cadence with customer to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business, operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Build business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer and brand/commercial using information collected during the account discover process to ensure plan meets customer needs.
- Participate in contract negotiations/re-negotiations with customer and Coca-Cola system to formalize the agreement.
- Create and execute Annual Business Plan for specific customer to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business.
Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred
Experience / Skills:
- 7-10 years sales experience
- Solutions Based Selling
- Analytical Thinking
- Skilled Negotiator
- Communication Effectively
- Establishing Collaborative Relationships
- Exerting Personal Influence
- Stewarding Value Created
- Project Management and Execution
- Strategic Planning
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.