Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The N. American Transformational Innovation group has an exciting open position located in our Atlanta-based Headquarters. The incumbent will be the primary Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) representative responsible for all aspects relating to Nutrition, Health & Wellness, U.S. regulations and Advocacy for our leading edge and emerging brands innovation portfolio. Creative and outside-the-box thinking as well as Robust Scientific and Beverage Trends knowledge are critical for success of this leader.
The position will report to the Group Director, Transformational Innovation. This individual will closely work with several cross-functional groups (Marketing, Knowledge & Insights, Product Development, Technical Operations, Quality, etc.) and proactively leverage their nutrition and regulatory expertise to credibly influence new product innovation in Retail & Food Service Channels. This position will also work with external stakeholders to ensure a science-based perspective is at the forefront of any regulations/policies developed that are relevant to the beverage industry and our company.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary SRA representative for all Transformational innovation projects and providing guidance on nutrition science, scientific substantiation for claims and regulatory compliance.
- Interpret regulations and science to ensure claims are supported within US Regulations;
- Prepare risk assessments to enable the business to make smart and quick decisions;
- Develop scientific substantiation for claims, including for functional beverages;
- Proactively stay on top of key nutrition and regulatory trends that can unlock growth opportunities for our business in the product, ingredient or communications space;
- Manage ingredient, product, packaging, claims and communication regulatory compliance approvals;
- Manage and support execution of strategies and communications on topics related to regulatory, nutrition and H&W to unlock growth opportunities, while mitigating risk.
- Translate complex regulatory, scientific and nutritional information into simple, easy to understand facts for consumers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and developments in policies, regulations, and nutrition science that could impact our business.
- Protect The Coca-Cola Company trade secrets, internally and externally;
- Participate in scientific, trade or professional associations to advance the Company's Nutrition & Regulatory agenda.
- Ph.D preferred. Master's degree in Food Science, Nutrition Science, Biochemistry, Public Health or equivalent qualification background required.
Related Work Experience:
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in roles such as nutrition, innovation, and/or regulatory, in the food, beverage or supplements industry.
- Regulatory, Nutrition and H&W Landscape: Knowledge of the regulatory, nutrition, H&W, and political landscape (e.g., regulations, issues) affecting food and beverages in the Business Unit. It also includes the ability to manage complex regulatory, nutrition and H&W issues affecting products, ingredients, packages or claims.
- Food Safety/Toxicology: Basic understanding of the nature, properties, effects, and detection of toxic substances in food, and their disease manifestation particularly chemicals of food interest such as food additives and how they are regulated.
- Nutrition Science: Advanced understanding of nutrition science including how dietary patterns influence health and well-being, biological mechanisms through which nutrients affect metabolism, dietary patterns, activity levels and related medical conditions particularly obesity and NCDs.
- Regulatory Affairs: Ability to interact with government officials to represent the Company or beverage industry while explaining complex scientific data, reports or issues. This includes the ability to anticipate issues or concerns of interest to public health officials, to respond to those concerns, and to advocate a position in a non-adversarial manner (e.g., during dispute resolution).
- Building Value Based Relationships: Ability to generate alliances internally and externally by continuously identifying and acting on those things that will create success for the Company and its customers, bottlers, suppliers, communities and governments.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer. Negotiation: Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance. Desire to strive for win-win outcomes.
- Problem Analysis and Resolution: Ability to form an opinion or decide through careful testing of assumptions and facts; willingness to act consistent with available facts, constraints and probably consequences.
- Process Improvement: Ability to analyze existing processes and identify more efficient ways to accomplish goals and meet customer and client requirements; ability to continuously improve processes through regular assessment and adjustment.
***Potential for Relocation Assistance***
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top