Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:June 16, 2019
Job Description Summary:This Senior National Sales Executive position will be responsible for our Headquarters call point with two or more national chain customers and will play an important leadership role in driving innovation and charting strategic direction. The portfolio requires a leader who has broad cross functional experience and who can manage complexity.
The Sr NSE will have full leadership accountability for the management, delivery, and growth of a comprehensive category portfolio that includes Fountain, Brewed Tea, Juice, and Bottled Beverages. Working in tandem with an experienced marketing team, he/she will find new opportunities to deliver growth for our customers by creating custom, breakthrough initiatives that complement the customer's own brand identity and voice. The NSE will be committed to integrating themselves with our customers by building relationships based on trust and value delivered at all levels within our customers' organizations.
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership to craft a multi-year business strategy which supports our customer's growth and business objectives. Creatively bringing customer solutions to life through our Fountain platform, as well as other beverage categories available from Coca-Cola
- Activate The Coca-Cola Company System (e.g., cross-functional team members, segment resources) to develop and implement business plans/solutions that meets customers' needs and drive beverage category profit and volume, contributing to overall sales growth for the customers' entire business.
- Meet with senior level leaders in order to gain their support and commitment to various initiatives/programs.
- Conduct regular business reviews to build and maintain strong relationships with key members of the customer's organization.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional team members (e.g. marketing, finance, operations)
- Prepare presentations, financial analysis, detailed volume reports and charts; develop meeting plans, strategies and recommendations in preparation for both external and internal calls.
- Gather and analyze customer beverage reports (e.g., brand package, cup set, package mix, pricing) in order to determine beverage category needs, facilitate marketplace analysis and determine operational needs.
- Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Write Annual Business Plan (APB) and participate in PM2 process for customer, with full ownership of P&L.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters in Business Administration Degree
- 5 years sales / relevant experience
- 7+ years sales / relevant experience
- Strategic Thinking: Possessing a process that defines the manner in which the associate thinks about, assess, views, and creates the future for themselves and their clients. Ability to think holistically, incorporating and analyzing all facets and variables impacting future outcomes into their decision making process.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing innovative plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with customers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
- Marketing Concepts: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Marketing Operating Strategies: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing operating strategies (e.g., pricing strategies, trade/consumer promotions) used in the execution of marketing plans.
- Negotiation: Ability to navigate and interpret financial, partnership and system needs to align on a profitable and mutually beneficial approved agreement.
- Business Planning and Analysis: Ability to develop and implement strategic annual business plans as well as track and forecast business results throughout the year.
- Contract Procedures: Knowledge of contract procedures, negotiations and Coca-Cola system approval processes. Ability to understand and interpret customer contracts.
Travel - Approximately 25%
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top