Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:September 6, 2019
Job Description Summary:
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Reporting to the VP, Content & Creative Excellence in Atlanta, the right candidate will be a strong leader capable of representing and evangelizing the importance of design to TCCC business as well as the importance of TCCC Design to the creative industry. Along with proven people leadership skills, s/he will possess strategic and creative acumen, demonstrate ‘hands-on' design leadership and execution skills, and will play a critical role in building a strong NA design community with internal team and external creative partners.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED…
TO BE ABLE TO DESIGN
- 10+ years Design industry experience.
- An ability to lead, apply and perform design skills (drawing/sketching, ideation, color theory, typography, imagery, texture).
- Present a portfolio of exceptional self-created Design output.
- Share examples where you have pushed creative boundaries and demonstrate where you have explored new territories.
- Identify examples of ‘good work' and ‘great work' (see below).
- Be a strategic ‘big thinker', yet have the ability to craft the ‘design detail'.
- Be able to create compelling and engaging presentations.
- Show the confidence and ability to predict ‘what's next' in design trends.
- Have an understanding of the global industry names, agencies and players.
- Good knowledge of Design publications, blogs, platforms that demonstrate you are abreast of design industry global news and technology.
- Effective use of Design software (see below).
- Show you have a holistic Design approach for understanding context, developing insight, exploring and visualizing business (and Design) opportunities across all areas of Design including 2D, ID, digital, retail equipment innovation, motion graphics, licensing and experiential.
- Have in place, or the ability to build, a wide reaching creative network.
TO BE ABLE TO LEAD
- Demonstrate design leadership - inspiring and influencing both superiors and direct reports. This person will influence a broad range of design application across a very interesting mix of brand design, packaging, point of sale, out of home, digital and physical experiences. While a breadth of design experience is desired, deep experience in UX or digital mediums is not required.
- Have the ability to excite, inspire, and provide guidance to other designers.
- Assume a role in leading and presenting creative strategies, design concepts rooted in consumer understanding.
- Demonstrate ability to distill design industry insights and understand the application to TCCC business for internal and external audiences.
- Share case studies where you have collaborated effectively and lead teams.
- Be able to partner and connect with Global Brand Teams and BU's.
- Be able to make decisions in a deadline driven environment in the most efficient way possible.
- Be respected by others for the manner in which you carry out your role.
TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills including the ability to summarize and convey complex information in a compelling, engaging and simple way. Make persuasive presentations to senior management and agency partners.
- Lead NA design communications, meetings, and relevant agency briefings.
- The ability to build Design Capabilities and share knowledge in an inspiring way.
- Direct, co-create, and manage the creative output of agency partners.
- The ability to navigate and direct team/agency in clear and timely manner.
- Manage and build our creative network.
TO BE ABLE TO DESIGN+
- Demonstrate enterprise-wide thinking.
- An entrepreneurial approach to creative problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Tackle uncomfortable issues, head-on.
WHAT WOULD ALSO BE USEFUL
- Tools: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and AfterEffects.
- Education: BA in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience.
- Juggle: The ability to lead and supervise multiple projects at any one time.
- “Always On” attitude: Irregular hours may be required around concept debut and key deadlines across the project schedule.
- Travel: 10%
- Language: Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
IF YOU'RE STILL WITH US…
We'd love to hear from you. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and of course send us a link to your online work (resume, portfolio). For extra credit, send us a sample* of something that's good, and send us a sample of something that's GREAT in your opinion, and tell us why. *Not necessarily something you created.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top