Job Description Summary
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Marketing Assets & Activation Manager role is responsible for managing all aspects of key marketing partnerships, beginning with the development of strategic asset plans and taking it through the execution stage. This includes leading top to top relationships, partnering on acquisition and renewals, collaboration with bottlers, system stakeholders and customers to integrate Assets' Partners into channel and customer plans to drive key business objectives.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Activate The Coca-Cola Company System (e.g., cross-functional team members, segment resources) to develop and implement regional business plans and activation programs that meets Brands, Bottlers, Channel, Customer and Assets Partners' needs to maximize profit and volume
- Lead customization and implementation of integrated marketing communication and Assets' activation plans by coordinating internal and external functions (e.g. marketing assets & sponsorships, e-marketing, local advertising, consumer / shopper promotions, etc.) in order to achieve high performance results on time and within budget.
- Extract maximum value by fully leveraging all sponsorship benefits in contracts through the creation of asset plans that may include packaging, POS, PR, fan engagement, experiential, customer/retail, community, business to business, social/digital/mobile. Steward and leverage all asset inventory including tickets, team trips, consistent with company policy
- Partner with Franchise Leadership on market specific business opportunities utilizing assets
- Develop and communicate written briefs for use by agencies or suppliers (e.g., creative, advertising, packaging, consumer promotions, merchandising, etc.) to direct their work activities in order to generate concepts for effective execution of region marketing programs and objectives (e.g., drive trial, increase loyalty). Direct all creative activation work relevant to asset or market activation
- Acts as subject matter expert to ensure all region POS, packaging, coupons etc, protect the company's rights, trademarks and investment while serving the best interest of our customers and assets
- Budget stewardship
- Relationship Management
- Bachelor's Degree required
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 or more years of experience, preferably with experiential or sports agencies supporting CPG and/or beverages industry
- Knowledge of brand strategy and application across channel, including local marketing
- Knowledge of key consumption occasions, shopper messaging, and methods of activation
- Proven track record of achieving sustainable results
- Sports Marketing Experience either with Team, League, Agency or client
- Knowledge and Understanding of brand standards, TM use, legal guidelines and Vis ID SME
- Knowledge of Agency capabilities
- Knowledge of League Rules
- Shopper Marketing Principles
- Strong social/digital background
- Sports Marketing Experience
- Rules development, legal approval process
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.