Job Description Summary
Responsible for coordinating the activities related to the infrastructure (network, telecommunications, software, hardware etc.) and database; involved in the definition, development and maintenance of procedures; oversees the study and implementation of new processes and techniques for the area. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge based acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other professionals.
- Participate in the evolution and integration of Collaboration technology and management
- Lead efforts to research and implement Collaboration products as appropriate
- Consult with business and IT projects to gather requirements and translate those requirements into Collaboration solutions. Provide estimates and/or designs to project teams. Lead any necessary integrations or builds for projects.
- Manage vendor relationship with SaaS providers
- Develop and consult on operational processes to support the Collaboration computing environment. This would include Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and life cycle planning.
- Create documentation for Operations, Help Desk, and Region IT personnel. Create training materials for End Users
- 3rd level support
- Mentor junior team members and Region IT personnel. Elevate skill sets to facilitate ‘shift left' of work.
- New technology evaluation/selection
- Project delivery planning
- Incident Management for issues related to Collaboration Services
- Problem Management for issues related to Collaboration Services
- Provide input to ABP
- Assist in the evolution of Client Technologies capabilities including the interfaces used by employees to access the overall KO technology landscape.
- Substantial latitude, autonomy and authority to make decisions around Incident Management and issue resolution.
- Control over staff scheduling and direct input into employee performance management and mentoring processes. This position will have significant input into hardware selection and LCM schedules and plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or relevant
- Technical Certifications are an advantage
Related Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in IT or relevant related field
Skills and Competencies
- Core Managerial Competencies required:
- Pursuing Innovation.
- Applied in identification of opportunities - Implementation of strategies and platforms.
- Exerting Personal Influence.
- Applied in negotiations
- Work in a matrix context
- Ability to work in networks, developing mutual trust relationships
- Being a team player, sharing ideas and working interdependently
- Facing conflict personally, managing dilemmas and differences with transparency and integrity.
- Enhancing and Sustaining Performance of Others.
- Applied in coaching and developing capabilities in team/peers.
- Communicating Effectively.
- Communication for commitment
- Building and sustaining a position. Getting support of others.
- Empathy and ability to listen and understand other's points of view.
- Building Value Based Relationships.
- Applied in dual process with BU IT Leads
- Interactions with Service Leads and Senior Management.
- Core Functional competencies required:
- Craft a vision for what the brand/category/market could be
- Collaborate to develop a cohesive IT Marketing Plan
- Interrogate data to identify core business levers
- Extensively seek to understand performance indicator and measure return on investment
- Deploy discipline and process to improve impact and market speed
- Work with Service and BU IT Leads to bring Marketing Plan to life
- Demonstrate judgement to define a compelling core creative idea
- Ability to create communication that is compelling and aligned to creative brief
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.