Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better
An extensive maintenance background which may include hydraulics, controls, welding, electrical, PLC's, and pneumatics is needed. The ability to troubleshoot maintenance-related problems as well as to understand and follow instructions concisely is also needed.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Able to read diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to recognize defective parts.
- Ability to distinguish machine sounds, to detect potential mechanical issues.
- Able to move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures. Ability to visually identify defective parts.
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Must have strong problem solving skill, and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Properly install, repair or service machinery, equipment, and support systems as required.
- Work directly with production associates and management to problem-solve and correct production issues that will ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Properly trouble-shoot and maintain production lines and/or batching/processing equipment.
- Properly perform all necessary maintenance tasks to production lines (i.e. rebuilds, welding, valve, pipe and solenoid selection, etc.)
- Properly develop and implement preventive maintenance systems for all production equipment and/or batching/processing equipment.
- Execute predictive and preventative maintenance practices for all production equipment.
- Perform systematic preventative maintenance, including electrical or mechanical adjustments, inspections and minor repairs.
- In a timely manner, identify and correct potential equipment problems.
- Use computer and associated software on PLC's to troubleshoot and correct equipment issues.
- Properly perform all shift requirements.
- Actively assist with planning/scheduling and storeroom staff for CMMS tracking: work orders, parts, purchase requisitions.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of projects as required.
- Education - High School diploma or GED equivalent required
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS:
- Work is performed in high-speed bottling, manufacturing, and warehouse environment.
- Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
- Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
- Personal protective equipment to include but not limited to steel-toed footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection and uniform requirements.
- Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals. Cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Train new associates
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
- Travel to vendor and other Company locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate general office equipment, i.e., fax, copier, and supplies
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top