Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Travel Required:76% - 100%
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
The Director, Warehouse Process Improvement/Optimization will be responsible for leading the development of Operational Effectiveness strategies; develops strategies for performing detailed audits of practices at company manufacturing plants to ensure that procedures comply with guidelines set forth by all applicable domestic and international regulations; understands key business needs; reports policy exceptions and discrepancies and recommends corrective actions. Manages within a nominated sub-function or related sub-functions; typically a highly experienced manager who is accountable for budget, policy recommendations and medium-term planning; decisions tend to be more tactical at the country level.
This role will have primary focus on Warehouse Strategy/Layout optimization for Coca-Cola North America Supply Chain.
- Lead and set strategic warehouse capability development roadmap and govern accordingly
- Lead and improves national warehouse operations to improve production efficiency and ensure optimum time availability. Lead network warehouse optimization
- Review plant production processes and equipment reliability (e.g., technology, systems, quality, cost, efficiencies, yield) in order to recommend process improvements.
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
- Analyzes plant warehouse performance data in order to identify and correct operational reliability opportunities.
- Identifies and corrects production inventory availability and levels as needed
- Develop process improvement initiatives (e.g., supplier business processes and practices) in order to benefit the KO system and suppliers by directing supply chain activities, involving external suppliers, functional peers, account teams and/or cross-functional teams with a focus on Maintenance.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Provide technical assessment of equipment to determine what components should be repaired or replaced to maximize waste elimination
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) for production and warehouse personnel, Operations Excellence expertise
- Leads plant diagnostic expertise to identify sources of waste
- Responsible for aligning the Manufacturing Operational Excellence vision through the successful development and governance of strategic initiatives supported by the platforms. Govern progress and support bridging platform and co-manufacturing gaps.
- Lead OE integration alignment within manufacturing and co-manufacturing
- Govern and monitor the effectiveness of management routines and metrics; recommend and implement changes as needed to ensure business objectives are met.
- 75% Travel Required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification and/or network Maintenance strategy and deployment experience
- Masters MBA
- Six Sigma Master Blackbelt certification
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- At least 7 years of experience
- Preference is 10+ years
SPECIALIZED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Warehouse layout and optimization
- Deep understanding of inventory and product flow management
- OE and Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience. Ability to lead and develop OE and waste elimination capability
- Lead and implement Root Cause Analysis protocols and processes
- Business Planning: Knowledge of specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and inter-dependencies to perform short and long-term business planning.
- Ability to incorporate strengths, weaknesses, external opportunities and threats into business plan strategies and execution tasks.
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve current state.
- Occupational Safety Regulations: Knowledge of the Company, local, national and international regulatory requirements
- e.g., safety, emergency management) that apply to Company locations or processes and the actions required to keep the Company in compliance with these regulations.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a manufacturing environment and the ability to apply them.
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier.
- Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics. Ability to measure against those standards. Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME), Theory of Constraints, Speed Accumulation Loss Time (SALT), Root cause Analysis (RCA), PM/AM, and Six Sigma theory and application
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top