Job Description Summary
Job Posting End Date:Not Available
Job Description Summary:
The primary responsibility of this role will be as follows:
- Perform basic testing of raw materials, in process products and finished goods at a high level of throughput using the required methodology according to quality guidelines, with supervision.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Operate and assist in the evaluation, calibration and validation of analytical testing instrumentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Initiates continuous improvement (OE) within lab operations to enhance quality and service while reducing costs.
- Ability to perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology on a range of matrices.
- Demonstrate analytical chemistry, knowledge of qualitative and quantative chemical analysis or basic microbiology.
- Understands theory and application of instrumental analysis to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentractes or other substances. Ability to leverage Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) for data collection, review and release.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) laboratory and analytical instrumentation including instrumental theory, operation, maintainance and ability to operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments, LIMS and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Ability to use all common software applications to support functions including creating spreadsheets, quality documents, LIMS.
- Familiarity with accessing and loading information from databases for example SAP, documentation management systems, Share Point.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships.
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology according to quality guidelines.
- Interpret data from routine analyses in order to validate that materials meet specifications.
- Participate in various duties to ensure laboratory operation.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance and calibration).
- Work to and ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentation, quality records and audits.
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes.
- Applies standard approach to record and interpret results, may report issues with peer review.
- Engage in daily contact with key laboratory personnel e.g. Laboratory Manager, other team members, understand Laboratory workload, priorities and other pertinent information.
- Communicate with relevant other stakeholders such as R&D, Business Unit (BU), and other Technical Functions, and vendors/suppliers, providing information on testing, results and other facts.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required.
Once the successful candidate has received appropriate training, they will be expected to perform at a high level and will:
- Be familiar with required testing within their dedicated area;
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with specifications or standards.
- Interpret results.
- Work with Laboratory Manager to ensure proper use of resources.
- Interpret of databases for specifications, methods , standards & advanced analytics.
- Contributes to summaries and reports.
- Suggests innovative approaches to improve lab workflow, methods or other lab processes to management.
- Problem solving situations, general and routine.
- Bachelors Degree in Science preferably Chemistry with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
Related work experience:
- 2 years relevant experience in a laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry is essential.
- Experience in analytical testing techniques desireable
- Experience in Beverage technology and flavour chemistry is desireable
- Experience of trouble shooting is desireable.
- Experience in QSE management systems is desireable.
- Fluent written and spoken English with strong communication skills required.
- Ability to work within a global virtual team with many nationalities and a significant time difference in time zones across the team.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.Apply Back to Top