Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
- Lead the maintenance of the local sanitation program to ensure all products are manufactured in a sanitary and wholesome environment.
- Responsible and accountable for the maintenance program for all CIP and related equipment by ensuring that effective Preventative and Predictive maintenance occurs according to the OEM specifications. Works directly with the equipment OEM and the chemical services provider to ensure that both are working in a synchronized manner to ensure efficient and cost-effective sanitation. Creates, reviews and continuously improves all local sanitation documentation.
- Supervise the partnership with the sanitation services supplier. Ensure the account manager is accompanied (if possible) during his/her service calls. Review service reports and assist in the development of corrective actions to address opportunities for improvement. Ensure service report corrective actions are completed and effective. Organize business meetings to ensure specific objectives are established and achieved.
- Oversee relationship with the water treatment and chemical services providers. Organize meetings to ensure specific objectives are established and achieved, including water savings and equipment condition (carbon towers, filtration, RO, etc.). Drive water and chemical usage in compliance with Corporate CCNA sustainability targets (e.g., WUR).
- Oversee the relationship with 3rd-party Pest Control services provider. Review and ensure services performed, the findings of each service, and any corrective actions planned or executed are documented, completed and effective. Ensure facility specific objectives are established and achieved. Organize annual (minimum) business meetings to establish specific objectives and ensure they are achieved. Ensure Pest Control service provider works within Organic certification requirements.
- The Sanitarian leads sanitation efficiency including development of standard work, documentation, training, cleaning validation, identifying operational savings, line cleaning and change-overs. The sanitarian will lead the facility in conformance to regulatory and corporate requirements related to sanitation, pest control and water treatment.
- Assist in the development of and maintain local allergen and glass control programs. This will include managing allergen cleaning validations and glass handling/cleaning procedures where appropriate.
- Evaluate, develop, standardize and implement SSOP's and Master Sanitation Schedules. Audit for compliance.
- Oversee the local sanitation training program. This training includes chemical safety training, the importance of personal hygiene, GMPs, and training opportunities specific to job function(s).
- Manage and monitor sanitation/GMP inspections and audit programs. These programs should include a documented corrective action process to drive continuous improvement.
- Organize reviews of CIP, COP, and manual cleaning procedures to perform validation and verification.
- Comply with all food safety, regulatory and ISO (or other management system) policies and procedures while ensuring the facility is in proper sanitary condition.
- Familiarity with SDS, PPE, Chemical and Safety programs and requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write and maintain SSOP's, Master Sanitation Schedule, Work Instructions, Sanitation Audit Programs/Metrics.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top