Job Description Summary
Coca-Cola seeks a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team in Atlanta, GA for this exciting opportunity. The QA Tech will be responsible for performing and documenting all required tests and effectively communicate results to appropriate personnel. Participation in the corrective action and troubleshooting activities utilized to identify and correct non-conforming result issues.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities:
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- The safe, accurate operation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment and for the upkeep of the Lab mainly through efforts utilizing Good Housekeeping and GLPs. Technicians must have an elevated attention to detail with the ability to maintain precise documentation and exhibit professionalism and sound judgment.
- Familiarity with production equipment, on-line inspection equipment and the ability to routinely assist production is essential.
- QA Technicians will also be expected to participate in and develop temporary studies/analytical procedures to assist in identifying opportunities for business improvements.
- Satisfactorily complete all training requirements. Comply with all standard safety, food safety, GMP and CCNA rules and policies. Report and/or correct safety and quality issues.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and surroundings.
- Fundamental responsibilities include the ability to perform and document all required tests for intermediate/finish products and ingredients including microbiological tests for finished products and water (pour plate and swab techniques).
- Responsible for instruments operations (including calibration and maintenance), and monitoring the quality of the laboratory results.
- Support on analytical methods validation.
- Responsible for performing Water Treatment monitoring tests and system troubleshooting.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory chemical inventory.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience as a laboratory technician in Food and Beverage or Chemical industry preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of SAP.
- Basic understanding of packaging and blending systems.
- Standard Operating Procedures for lab equipment including safety rules and regulations.
- Advanced mathematics including decimal, fractions, addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, averaging, standard deviation, percentage, formulas and basic statistical analysis.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and microbiology.
- Proficient capability in computer software such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
- Knowledge of water treatment systems
- Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet.
- This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results.
- This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, chemical storage requirements, chemical preparation procedures)
- Demonstrated familiarity and understanding of GLP's and documentation procedures.
- Ability to follow written procedures accurately and repeatedly. Ability to analyze data and reach valid conclusions during troubleshooting efforts.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.