Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Maintains and updates EHS standards and records; prepares presentation materials for safety orientation and induction courses. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other para-professionals.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, and Cost objectives.
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly safety reports for management review and corrective action.
- Aid in the development, implementation, and/or filing and tracking of all SES-related documentation and programs.
- Assist in development and delivery of training presentations within SES training.
- Assist with incident investigations and processing of worker compensation intake.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings and actions for assigned shift.
- Perform SES related audits and inspections.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate's degree preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of OSHA, EPA and other governmental regulations; previous EHS background, preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Previous/current forklift operator certification.
- Able to understand and follow directions and react under changing conditions.
- Able to demonstrate good attendance and work ethic and able to work on all shifts, as required.
- Able to work up twelve (12) hour shifts with extended/overtime hours, as needed, to satisfy business needs.
- Ability to conduct training of others.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within six months of start date.
- Physical agility including climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, and lifting minimum of 50 lbs.
Essential Skills and Duties:
- Represent the ASP Safety effort as an ambassador for safety.
- Actively engage with associates and team leads with observations, inspections, GEMBA walks, corrective actions.
- Assist in the filing of documentation required by various regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, EPA, others).
- Assist the development and filing of documentation for the Integrated Management System.
- Assist with SES inspections, audits, and documentation as needed.
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly reports and audit results, as assigned.
- Effectively utilize software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, other new programs.
- Effectively utilize basic technical math skills, basic grammar, and technical writing skills.
- Assist in development and presentation of SES-related training topics.
- Assist implementation of safety programs and/or procedures for new line installations (i.e. LOTO).
- Work with Maintenance Department to track completion of safety work orders.
- Work up to 12-hour shift, overtime, and weekends to meet the business requirements.
- Ensure all tasks are performed toward achieving the safety, quality, service and cost objectives.
- Demonstrate good attendance in accordance with plant attendance guidelines.
- Self starter, ability to work with limited direction.
- Ability to present topics to small and large groups of people.
- Attend SES Committee Meetings.
- Demonstrated ability and qualified to facilitate team-based problem-solving on the production floor using advanced Risk Assessment, Incident Investigation and 5 Why methodology.
- Lead Gemba events and work on root cause analysis.
- First-Aid and Adult CPR trained
- Work is performed in office, production, and outside areas.
- Position requires periodic work near high-speed bottling, laboratory, and/or warehouse environments.
- Flexible work hours covering all shifts and extended hours, when necessary.
- Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, chemicals, vapors, vibrations, dust, etc.
- Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, respirator, steel-toed shoes, hearing protection, or other PPE as needed.
- General office equipment such as fax, phone, copier and computer.
- Travel to other locations and/or suppliers.
- Explain and demonstrate job tasks to visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. ?
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top