Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:May 26, 2019
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Prior SAP Inventory system experience is required. Job duties include the reviewing SAP process orders to ensure all consumed materials are recorded in the process order and that all process orders are closed in a timely manner. Reviewing SAP transaction process to ensure data is accurately posted. Also, generating daily/weekly/monthly SAP reports for management review and corrective action.
Essential Job Functions
- Release materials (e.g., ingredients, parts) and packaging against purchase orders or blanket contracts within agreed-upon lead times in order to assure materials are available in the right place in time for production.
- Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Implement cycle counting and/or annual physical inventories using inventory system reports, inventory location software and count sheets in order to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Daily interaction with Suppliers, Vendors and Customers to place, track and confirm orders
- Monitor supplier performance (e.g., quality, delivery, service, cost) using internal purchase order systems reports in order to identify supplier variances.
- Reconcile daily inventory sheet.
- Reconcile ingredients at month end.
- Create purchase orders ingredients and product supplies.
- Order bulk ingredients.
- Coordinate containment of nonconforming material or product hold.
- Become fully cross trained in Finished Goods Inventory Control and Materials Planner positions. Work in these capacities as required.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Service, Logistics, Material Management, Quality, Shipping, and Production Departments to resolve issues.
- Support the The Coca-Cola Quality System to ensure that only quality products leave our facility.
- Comply with all plant PPE, GMP and safety policies.
- Maintain accurate file and record system per policy.
- Training of new associates.
- Ability to understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes and work environment.
- Education - High School diploma or GED equivalent, secondary education preferred.
- Related Work Experience - 3 years' experience in Material Ordering / Planning role
- Technical Knowledge - Proficient in using SAP, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Location and Work Conditions
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with some tasks required in the production facility and off-site warehouses. Work involves some exposures to temperature extremes, high noise levels, moving equipment and wet floors.
Competency Skill Set Minimum
- Attention to Detail
- Contributing to Team Success
- Problem Analysis/Problem Solving
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top